It almost goes without saying, that the most cost effective method for inexpensive search engine optimization is doing it yourself. So… if you’re on a tight budget do it yourself.
If you have even a small budget however, the right SEO expert you can often give you a lot of bang for your buck.
But more importantly… a good Okanagan SEO expert can help you set things up correctly, then you can maintain it from there.
If you want to make a go of it yourself, here are the steps you must take to get things rolling:
- Ensure that you have clean design… using CSS and minimal amounts of adobe flash – CSS separates the content form the structure, allowing search engines to index your site faster and far easier.
- Ensure that your site functions well; no broken links, loads fast, easy to navigate and a straitforward path for your visitor to follow
- Know which keywords ‘YOUR’ customer is searching with, and optimize your home page and several internal pages for this primary keyword phrase(s). Use secondary keyword phrases as well to enhance search engine visibility
- Make sure your main keyword is in the title of your home page, in the first paragraph of your site and in several H1 tags
- Use social bookmarking sites like digg to bookmark you sites pages’
- Use videos to drive traffic to your site. Videos can be posted on youtube and a number of other video sharing sites
- Get Links from other sites – one way back links are the most effective
- Continually add fresh content to your site – the easiest way to do this is to add a blog. Blogs let non-technical people quickly add content with out the need of a tech
On-page search engine optimization is always the first step and one of the key methods the search engines use to rank your site. The caveat with on-page Search engine optimization is that it often entails technical abilities.
Home made designed web sites and the use of Web design software often mess up on-page SEO.
Because the structure that makes up the pages is vital to a good on-page SEO strategy.
Going after local SEO is the most effective SEO strategy any Vernon or Kelowna small businesses can use
Search engine optimization in Vernon and Kelowna is not as complicated as trying to get a number one spot in a city the size of Vancouver BC… but it does take a bit of work. Following the steps above will give you an SEO advantage in our local market. But if you are planning on expanding your market beyond Vernon and/or Kelowna, you should probably hire an expert. More often than not it will pay for its self in spades.
Until Next Time… May Success Be Yours!
Web Site Profit Engineer, Digital Authority